The School of Russian Ballet (SORB) was opened in 2010 by husband and wife, Darya Fedetova and Sergiy Mykhaylov, two former professional ballet dancers from Russia, who have danced throughout the world. Their students receive training in the Vaganova Method which is the foundation for most classical ballet.
SORB gives its students access to the art form of ballet by educating them through dance and inspiring in them a love for dance that will stay with them throughout their lifetime. The school offers programs for students of all ages and levels beginning at age 3 through adult, including pre-professional training and individual work.
The school has two sister schools in Orlando and every year they have some work together, exchange students and go on tours.
SORB provides the highest level of training and gives its students the following opportunities:
- Training by professional dancers.
- A ballet curriculum that includes pointe, pas de deux, repertoire and variation, character, jazz, modern, stretch and pilates.
- Performance opportunities in full-length productions with professional dancers three times a year.
- Opportunities to compete in state and national competitions.
- An adult program that gives men and women the chance to learn, perform, and be a part of this art.